December 1

Celebrating The Holidays| SBC Week 8

Picture By: Wikimedia Commons

Happy Holidays!

This week, we are supposed to be talking about family celebrations that we do during the holidays. There are many holidays during the supposedly “coldest” time of the year, but the main holidays that I celebrate are Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas. Thanksgiving is celebrated on the 3rd Thursday of November. Christmas Eve is celebrated on December 24th and Christmas is celebrated on December 25th.

During Thanksgiving, it’s a small family gathering. My mom wakes up early to “make” the food. Some of the food is from Costco and Foodland like the mashed potatoes and the turkey. My brother and I set the table and then go kill time by watching TV. My dad will be out getting my Grandma or おばちゃん (Obachan, that’s what I call her). My uncle is always the first guest. He cruises on the couch watching the football game. When everyone comes, it’s basically first dibs on seating. Since my table isn’t large enough to accommodate everyone, an adult, my brother, and I have to eat on a “kiddy” table. After lunch, we eat pumpkin crunch cake and pie. 

On Christmas Eve, the daytime is usually normal. Around five o’clock, we go to my mom’s close friends house for dinner. I hang out with everybody and the other families that are there. We eat pizza, salad, fried chicken, rice, noodles, and some sort of fish that I don’t eat. We have Christmas activities like decorating chocolate cupcakes and running around the house while my brother and my mom’s friend’s daughter scream their heads off. It’s really funny, but then they get in trouble for being too loud. At 11:00, we’ll go home and it’ll be Christmas day the next morning.

Christmas morning is always fun. My dad won’t let us go downstairs without filming us. We open presents while we are being filmed. The best present I’ve ever gotten was a Taylor Swift concert ticket. After we’ve opened all our presents, we check out stockings then clean up the mess by taking our presents upstairs to our room so we can deal with later. Lunch is like Thanksgiving except there’s no turkey, it’s steak instead. This is probably my favorite holiday.

How do you celebrate your holidays? I hope you enjoyed reading about how I celebrate my holidays. Thank you for reading. Bye bye!💜 

Posted December 1, 2018 by hmssarah in category Student Blogging Challenge
Hope You Enjoyed The Post! :)