March 31

Shadow of the Tomb Raider | Weekly Post #50

Picture By: Flickr via Creative Commons

Hello everyone!

Today, I’ll be reviewing a game I’ve played over spring break called Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It is the sequel to Rise of the Tomb Raider and although I didn’t play that one first, I still really enjoyed playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. 

Game Contains Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language

A Little Brief Summary: You play as Lara Croft, a twenty-one-year-old treasurer hunter trying to take down a Christian militia called Trinity who is trying to recreate the world.

Instead of climbing the shivering mountains of Siberia in Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider takes place in the humid jungles of Mexico. Lara sets out on a journey. 

The game’s graphics are nothing short of beautiful. Sometimes, just walking around the jungle or climbing in a cave, you just have appreciated the beauty that the creators put into every single detail to the fur of a capybara or the makeover Lara Croft and Jonah got. 

The gameplay was amazing with the different tools you could use compared to Rise of the Tomb Raider. It made things more challenging like when you’d reach a dead end while climbing rocks and you’re like “What do I do?” when you’d just lower yourself with a rope so you can swing to the next wall. 

The puzzles were probably my least favorite part because say if you’re solving a puzzle and your climbing on top of an ancient structure, and since it’s Lara Croft (everything breaks when she’s around so the possibility of the structure breaking is 99.9% accurate). Then, you’re just struggling to quickly climb up onto the next structure before it crumbles into the abyss below.

My favorite part of the game was when you would have to take out the guards and sneak around. The idea of using mud to conceal your visibility better was a pretty clever idea. I liked how the guards could find you in the vegetation. It took a lot of brain power to plan out how I was going to take out the guys without another guard seeing and where I was going to move. The suspense when all the guards would be surrounding the one bush your concealed in is pretty nerve-wracking but exciting. 

I’d just thought I should bring up the Yaaxil and the Jaguars. 

I wish there were more things to do once you would finish the game instead of challenge tombs and quests. Since I really enjoyed the game, I would like to do more things instead of doing quests in Paititi. 

Overall, 10/10 game and I’m going to play it again after I finish Rise of the Tomb Raider. I’m really excited for the next game coming out. I hope you enjoyed my post. Bye. 

Posted March 31, 2019 by hmssarah in category Posts
Hope You Enjoyed The Post! :)