November 23

BLΛƆKPIИK In Your Area| SBC Week 7

First Picture By Wikipedia Second Picture By Generasia

Hello everyone!

Today I’m going to be talking about one of my favorite K-Pop girl groups, BLACKPINK or 블랙빙크. I’ve heard about them when I first got into K-Pop and my friend, Mari, was telling me about them. A couple of months later, I was in summer school, taking a Korean class, and the teacher played DDU DU DDU DU. I was like “Wow. They’re really good.” I watched music videos and listen to their other songs. After DDU DU DDU DU, I really liked BOOMBAYAH then a bunch of their other songs. 

Picture By Nikon Blog

Picture By Wikipedia

Picture By Generasia

Picture By Generaisa

BLACKPINK debuted with WHISTLE (휘파람) on August 18, 2016. The group consisted of four members, Kim Jisoo (first picture), Kim Jennie (second picture), Park Chaeyoung (Rose, third picture), and Lalisa Manoban (Lisa, last picture). The group is from YG Entertainment and has no leader. They are one of the most popular girl groups in Korea with DDU DU DDU DU as their most viewed music video with 496 million views. Their fandom name is BLINK. It’s a combination of BLACK and PINK if you didn’t know. They also started their World Tour as of this moment. 

BLACKPINK has incredible singing and rapping voices, the ability to dances amazingly, and they all have enjoyable personalities. If they didn’t have at least one of these factors, they wouldn’t be as popular as they are now. My favorite member or bias is Kim Jisoo. Although she cannot speak English like the other members, she’s super funny and has a great voice. She doesn’t get a lot of lines in songs, but she basically takes care of Jennie, Rose, and Lisa. Sometimes, I think if one person weren’t in the group, who would it be? But BLACKPINK wouldn’t be BLACKPINK without the members. 

Thank you for reading my post. I hope you enjoyed reading about one of my favorite K-Pop groups. Please check out the links! <3 Bye bye! 💜

LINKS:

BLACKPINK – ‘뚜두뚜두 (DDU-DU DDU-DU)’ M/V

BLACKPINK – ‘마지막처럼 (AS IF IT’S YOUR LAST)’ M/V

BLACKPINK – ‘휘파람'(WHISTLE) M/V

BLACKPINK – ‘불장난 (PLAYING WITH FIRE)’ M/V

BLACKPINK YouTube Channel

Posted November 23, 2018 by hmssarah in category Student Blogging Challenge
Hope You Enjoyed The Post! :)

2 thoughts on “BLΛƆKPIИK In Your Area| SBC Week 7

1. hmsriho

Hey Sarah,

This is hmsriho. I really loved this post that you wrote because I love Blackpink! They are my favorite girl group and my favorite member is Jisoo too! Another song I recommend from Blackpink is Forever Young (if you have never heard that song before:). Please do more K-Pop posts! Here is a link to my blog.
    blog

Aloha, hmsriho

Reply
  2. hmsriho

Hey Sarah,

This is hmsriho. I really loved this post that you wrote because I love Blackpink! They are my favorite girl group and my favorite member is Jisoo too! Another song I recommend from Blackpink is Forever Young (if you have never heard that song before:). Please do more K-Pop posts! Here is a link to my blog

Aloha, hmsriho

Reply