September 30

Love Yourself (i’m aware it’s a BTS album series :3)

Picture By: Wikimedia Commons via Creative Commons Search

Hello. It’s Sarah. 

Today, I’m going to spreading a message about Self-Love.

It’s not selfish to love yourself, it’s actually essential to being positive. Self-love can improve your life by making you appreciate your life and have healthy habits. People with self-love do things differently than people without it or very little of it. For example, people without self-love will listen to their emotions and people with self-love accept their emotions. By accepting their emotions, they use it to help them in the future. Another thing they do differently is that they maintain their passions and talents but also acknowledges their flaws and mistakes. It’s important to put time into the things you love so you can get better at your talents. When accepting flaws and mistakes, they know it’s ok and they expect them to make mistakes. No one’s perfect and no one will ever be perfect. 

I’ve been watching a show on Netflix called Queer Eye. It’s about a group of gay guys, called the Fab 5, who go out into the world and makeover others who are in need of it. Each of them specialized in a certain field, such as fashion, culture, food, grooming, and design. They teach others to love themselves and learn about other’s stories. “Self-love and self-esteem [is] not a like a light that you turn on when you come in a room,” said Jonathan. “It’s a constant relationship that you build with yourself every day. And so it’s really more of like the small things and the small ways that you talk to yourself, day-in and day-out to build that confidence… It’s kind of like a piggy bank, you have to keep depositing those little coins and then all of a sudden, you have a fortune that no one can take away from you, and that is your self-confidence,” he added.” (retrieved from We Talked About Self-Love With The Fab 5 Of ‘Queer Eye’ by Cosmopolitan)

Everything above is just facts and not something that I’ve achieved, but I’m striving. Long story short, loving yourself is not easy, but it’s not impossible. There are many struggles and many mountains you have to climb before you actually fully love yourself. I hope this helps you love yourself even more! (give yourself a hug <3) Thank you for reading this post. 

Links About Self Love:

8 Powerful Steps to Self Love

Is Self-Love Good Or Bad?

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

-Sarah

Posted September 30, 2018 by hmssarah in category Posts
Hope You Enjoyed The Post! :)

5 thoughts on “Love Yourself (i’m aware it’s a BTS album series :3)

1. hmsjennifer

Hi Sarah,
    After reading your post, I now understand why self-love is really important, and I think I should also try to strive for self-love.
    You can come check out my blog here!
    Sincerely,
    Jennifer

Reply
  2. hmsallyson

Hey Sarah!
    I loved this post! I also like BTS too so it is very relatable! It was also very self-confidence boosting too!

Love,

hmsallyson

Reply